Request an Estimate
Submit form for a 30 min call back.
Mold damage has become a major issue in the last few years for homeowners, landlords and property managers. Unattended moisture damage leads to mold contamination.
Mold exposure can be hazardous to your health and wreak havoc on your property. Failure to address these serious issues has resulted in countless litigation cases, mold-related health problems, property damage, as well as lost revenues.
Molds are part of the natural environment. Outdoors, molds play a part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter such as fallen leaves and dead trees, but indoors, mold growth should be avoided. Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through outdoor and indoor air. Mold may begin growing indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet. There are many types of mold, and none of them will grow without water or moisture.
Molds are usually not a problem indoors, unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Molds have the potential to cause health problems. Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold. Research on mold and health effects is ongoing. This web page provides a brief overview; it does not describe all the potential health effects related to mold exposure. Fore more detailed information consult a health professional. You may also wish to consult your state health department.
Molds gradually destroy the things they grow on. You can prevent damage to your home and furnishings, save money, and avoid potential health problems by controlling moisture and eliminating mold growth. It is impossible to get rid of all mold and mold spores indoors; some mold spores will be found floating through the air and in house dust. The mold spores will not grow if moisture is not present. Indoor mold growth can and should be prevented or controlled by controlling moisture indoors. If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold and repair the water damage problem. If you clean up the mold, but don’t fix the water damage intrusion, then, most likely, the mold problem will come back.
With a certified staff and reasonable pricing, we pride ourselves on our ability to solve your properties mold and indoor air quality problems quickly and economically.
Gregory Restoration’s team of highly trained and certified remediators, has restored hundreds of mold damaged homes and businesses to their pre-loss condition. If you think you may have mold, submit our contact form below, or call us today at 949-366-1930
Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Anaheim Hills,Balboa Island, Buena Park, Brea, Capistrano Beach, Corona Del Mar, Costa Mesa, Coto De Caza, Dana Point, Dove Canyon, El Toro, Emerald Bay, Foothill Ranch, Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Las Flores, Mission Viejo, Monarch Beach, Newport Beach, Newport Coast, Orange, Orange County, Portola Hills, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Santa Ana, Trabuco Canyon, Tustin, Tustin Ranch, Villa Park, Westminster, Yorba Linda
Submit your review